View Single Post
Old 12-11-2004, 08:03 PM

Default Re: ilok - someone elses security system you pay f

my beef is with me having to pay for their chosen system of anti piracy and copy protection. why am I paying $25 per question to ilok. why are my valuable software authorisations (and hence ownership) on a cheap made in china plastic key which will breakdown. Ilok is great until it breaks down, goes missing or is stolen, then its an "all your eggs in one basket" liability.
I don't have a better system, but then I'm not the one designing software for professional markets.
I would rather digi operated their own ilok thing and we had more direct connection with the people authorising our keys.
I think digi should administer a system for its keys and third party software that runs on its progarms, and should accept the costs for administering it, deal with issues and keep it all happy instead of shopping it out to some third party who uses anti piracy as a way to make money of the people that are actually paying for the software. I bought this stuff, why am I paying for its copy protection, and why is that copy protection getting in the way of me using this software.