View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 08:52 AM

Default Re: Using Zoom meeting and screen sharing PT audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Not too many interfaces do. Audient has a small interface that does and RME's TotalMix does too. The three apps I've tested so far are Skype, Source-Connect Now and Zoom. They are all browser based and, since I don't want to use Google's Chrome, which almost all apps recommend, I'm using Microsoft's new Edge Chromium browser, which works great, with no need for extensions.

RME's TotalMix, which came with my UFX, allows me to bring my Mic in on 1 and the far end's audio in on 3/6 through my onboard soundcard. I have a Send of my audio out 5/6 in Pro Tools and that is sent to 5/6 out on the UFX, which is looped back to 5/6. In Control Panel>Sound I have Playback as my RealTek Speakers and my Record as the UFX's 5/6, which is the "microphone". Then just set those in whatever app is open in the browser. And make sure your browser has permission to use your "microphone".

Other apps that I haven't tested, but should work the same because they too work through a browser are:

Cleanfeed, Connectionopen and ipDTL.
Don't forget the newish PreSonus interfaces. I have an 1824c that has loopback and it's pretty awesome. The new v3 Scarletts from Focusrite also have loopback now I think. And as you mentioned the new EVOs from Audient have loopback. I have the Evo 4, but haven't got to testing the loopback function yet.

If you're on Windows a simple way is to use the free FL Studio driver. But this works best if you don't need any DAW inputs.

And there's the free Voicemeeter Potato, which I've done a full video on walking folks through it step-by-step.

But my personal preference is still using another interface or loopback.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio