View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 02:54 PM

Default best drum software?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjazzy41 View Post
I've been using Toontrack's Superior Drummer for almost 10 years now and have never looked back. It is affordable, expandable (if you want), and can be as complex or as vanilla as you want it to be. If you're not a tweakhead and just want to drop some stock midi grooves into the track and hit play, you can do it easily. However, if you are anal and want to add a hit here or there, or delete a hit, or micro-manage the drum mixer you can get as in-depth as you want as well. Most of the time I find I don't have to do much with the stock grooves and sounds, but I have also invested in several Producer Presets that I like, as well as several expansion packs (each suited to a different type of music), so I just use what I think the song calls for and don't have to spend a lot of time adjusting things. I know you can also trigger Superior Drummer if you wanted to (I don't do that in my setup), and I have even controlled it via Midi with a keyboard before if that is your thing. It's also very stable and I haven't had any problems with it crashing my system, so that's a big plus!

I concur!! What is really cool is that I have played with Kenny Aronoff when we both played with John Mellencamp; when I got the Kenny MIDI set it was like playing with him all over again. You cannot go wrong with Toontrack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!