View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 08:42 PM

Default Re: AAE error -9173 stronger than ever on PT 12.5

I just tried something out and the results were quite illuminating:

I opened up a complete mix session, one rife with 9173 errors throughout (it was a beast to finish btw).

On it I have several bus layers, including those for instrument groups and separate mix and master busses, funneling to an audio print track.

Without removing any plugins or tracks of any kind, I started simply removing any pathways to the Monitor Out one level at a time, starting with the print tack.

No reduction in errors.

Then the master buss.

SIGNIFICANT reduction in errors.

Then the mix buss.

NO ERRORS AT ALL.

Mind you all the plugs are sill engaged and cooking - just the number of bus layers are being reduced.

So at that point I decided to fire up a whole bunch of extra plugs to see how far I could take the CPU before getting 9173's again. The answer is somewhere between 85-95% - and THAT number sounds closer to right. (it's been crapping out at @ 65% for me otherwise)

Also - to make sure this wasn't just due to the lack of audio being passed through the now "unused" busses, I went ahead and picked out a few tracks and routed them to the disconnected busses directly. Results stayed the same.

Checked it with both the normal and dynamic plugin processing engine. Results stayed the same.

Anyone here try this already?
As a reminder, I am on a Windows 10 system, so I don't know if this would be relevant to you Mac guys or not, but I am curious.

Last edited by wonder6oy; 09-30-2017 at 09:01 PM.