View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 10:09 AM

Default best way to \"clean house?\"

so...like a newbie, i used to just go to Audio Regions menu, select Unused, and Clear Selected.....then like a dumb ass i would select DELETE REGIONS FROM DISK and just option+click the whole thing so i could supposedly "free up" disk space

i now know that it's quite moronic, as you end up deleting a lot of *VERY* important source files that way (I learned the hard way..grr)
so my question is...what's the easiest way to get rid of everything OFF THE DISK that's not being used in a session. i've just about finished a 7 song demo and I would like to tidy up a bit. for now I am just Selecting Unused in Audio Regions, then UN-selecting all the regions that are BOLD (the source files), but then the only option is to "remove regions from session" and that's not really cleaning up anything, disk-wise, now is it?

am I right in thinking that the best way, when i'm done with a session, is to select each track and consolidate all Regions so it creates new files, then just Select Unused-->Clear Selected-->Delete from disk like I did before the stupid way?

simple question I know, but any help/discussion in this area would be appreciated! thanks!