View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Avid

Default Re: s1&dock&eucon issues with Cubase 10.5

1)"write" button on right dock editer will activate write but the light won't turn on. - Will ask QA to test

2) no matter what i try, programing eucon command or a key command, i cant change the automation type (touch, latch or cross over) and why is there an off button, why can't we deactivate read or write just by pressing the programmed button again? - These follow PT lead (has an off) I would need to play with it to see whats going on here

3) i programmed some soft keys to send multiple commands (change s1 layout, change cubase track visibility configuration) it took me multiple times to get it work, even though my programming was the same, when you programm multiple commands it sometimes works sometimes not. usually the first command work but the 2nd....it's hit and miss in my case. and the 3rd command (i was trying key commands and eucon) i could never get it to work. example: i want the soft key to change s1 layout, cubase track visibility and also cubase workspace. i could get 2 commands to work with 1 button but the 3rd one didnt work so i have to have seperate softkeys for workspaces. - I suspect this is because the commands are firing too quickly. We have adding a programable delay between cammand on our list of to do's

4) the editor, plz guys, yes things got better in 6-7 years after i left artist mix etc....but the editor is like a joke from 80s. you can't copy and paste, you can't search, there is even not a alphabetical order. There are soooo many eucon commands, it should be easier to navigate and program, the editor is almost the same as 6-7 years ago. - Yep, we have some ideas on how we will change this but it may take a little longer.

5) when i edit an insert it opens the plugin window but i can't get it to close the window when i exit. - This is a problem in Cubase we think, we are talking to them about issues.

6) the issue with track page on ipad is known i think, if you exceed a certain track count in your project...eucon crashes. this is i think not only a cubase issue. - Yes I see this posted a bit....but it just doesn't happen to everyone, including us. There has to be something else unique thats causing it. I have had people send me their sessions and they work fine here on multiple systems. We keep looking....

7) some UAD plugins won't show the parameter values on ipad. and some show different values than the plugin. like API Channel strip or Neve 1081 Eq. This comes from Cubase

8) fabfilter plugins and dock encoders act weird, just try it and you will see. - Will ask QA to test but it could be coming from Cubase

9) why do we need to load softkey everytime we start eucon, why can it be not saved as default setting? This shouldn't be the case, The Save As and Load are really Import and Export. Once loaded or any changes made the save button should then make them permenant