View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 05:10 PM

Default Re: How to use outputs 1-2 on Digi003 without getting main mix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by se.audio View Post
Hi, Quick question that has been bothering me in the past few days:

I'm trying to run the analog 1-8 out of the Digi003 into a Mackie Onyx mixer. The problem is, while all the channels are routed properly, analog 1-2 still give me the main mix.
What I tried doing then was to give each track a separate output (1-8) but then can only monitor the tracks assigned to Analog 1-2. Anyone has a trick on monitoring the lot through protools instead of having to repatch the monitors to the Mackie mixer and having to have it on all the time (+ that's a loss of the main and alt out of the 003)

I guess my question might be: Do the "main monitor" and "alt monitor" out of the 003 have to reproduce what's coming out of 1-2 or can that be changed.

Cheers.
I've run into the same problem on the 003 control surface. Since monitor left and right are also line out 1&2, they can never be separated. It makes the 1&2outputs useless. I wanted to run my furman headphone box out of the lineouts 1thru 8. But since I also wanted to hear the sound from the speakers, I have to set pro tools to output 1&2, which sends it to the monitor out left and right, but also outputs out of lineout 1&2. So I bought a mixer where I can route the damn output anywhere I want! Too bad too I really like the 003 mostly....