View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Eric Clapton & tinnitus

I read a similar article this morning. Said that he only has one performance scheduled this year.

Years ago I had some custom made "ear plugs" made for me that attenuate the sound level by -20db, while supposedly letting all frequencies pass through equally. They don't quite do that, but I wear them when I am playing the drums. For guitar, I don't turn the amp up too loud anymore, and often put the amp in a closet and mic it up there while I am in another room.

Of course, the damage I may have done in my younger years (shooting guns, playing loud music, etc.) gives me a little ringing in my ears, but not too bad. I do remember being in the front few rows of a Ted Nugent concert in 1977 and only being able to stand that close for a few songs before we had to move back. That was in the days of "festival seating" where you could stand anywhere on the floor of the arena.

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.