View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 03:38 AM

Default Re: HD3 3rd card not recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhumez View Post
I just got a new 2.93Ghz nehalem and want to transfer my PTHD3 in it from and older Mac Pro woodcrest. Accel card 3 in slot 4 is not recognized. It works well in the old system no problem at all with the flex cable. I did re-install PT8 from scratch.
Usually I get error -1123 which pertain the a bad flex cable but I know mine works.
I have painstakinlgy instal and re-install the cards between the 2 computers since the last two days with all combination that I can think of (I was a software developer so I can me pretty inventive while testing computers).
But I must admit temporary defeat so I ask for help. Even a simple hello would be appreciated it is snowing over a foot of snow outside in New Jersey now....
Thanks
Eric

Hello

I guess you've tried the obvious and tried with just the core card and one of the accel cards (accel 2) then just the other accel card (accel 3) with just the core, and using the 2 different flex cables.
So in the new computer you have established if its NOT either accel card or either flex cable at fault!! If so it must be PCI slot 4.

Have you run digi test? its in applications/digidesign/pro tools/utilities?? well somewhere inside the pro tools folder you'll find it.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.