View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 03:03 AM

Default How do you backup?

Hi Everyone,

How do you all backup your sessions and system drives? I've been meaning to get some sort of NAS storage drive for some time now but I'm flummoxed buy a) the options out there and b) the seemingly high cost.

I currently have a Raid 0 (stripe) 4 TB audio drive inside my Mac Pro 5,1 which backs up every half hour via Carbon Copy Cloner to an external Firewire 800 LaCie Drive. I also have another Firewire 800 LaCie drive that is a time machine drive that backs up my system drive every hour. Remarkably this doesn't interfere with my sessions whether I'm recording or playing back.

I definitely want to look at 'offsite' backup as all the hard drives are currently all in or by the computer and I'm on a big enough site with gigabit ethernet running everywhere that a NAS drive makes sense.

The DUC thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mac Mini 8,1 (2018) | 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel i7 | 64GB Ram | Apple 27" LED Cinema | 2TB System Drive | LaCie Rugged USB-C 2TB SSD NVMe Audio Drive | UAD-2 Quad Satellite (Firewire)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.7 | Avid HDX TB3 Chassis | HDX | Avid Omni | Avid 16x16 HD I/O x2 | Digidesign 192 | Digidesign C24