View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM

Default Re: "The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 48 KHz" error when

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshow View Post
I copied this from the FAQ's section because it's the exact problem I am having:

"The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 48 KHz" error when trying to open a non-44.1 KHz session in Pro Tools M-Powered.

This will happen when Windows is using the MAudio device as the 'default' sound device.

Go to Start > Control Panel and choose "Sounds and Audio Devices"

Verify that the M-Audio device is not selected as the default device, or the device will be limited to 44.1 KHz."

BUT- what if it's the ONLY thing I have listed in the sounds and audio devices pull-down menu? Yes, there are multiple Delta outs to choose from, but- I tried them all, and haven't had any success. Any suggestions????

WinXP Pro Sp2
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.1
Delta 1010lt pci sound card
been tryin to figure how to get around that problem of making a track on an hd or 96k setup then coming home to my 48k mbox. im sure im not the first to figure this out but there really IS a stupidly simple workaround i discovered today for opening your 192 or 96k sessions on 44.1 or 48k mbox setups. Just create a new session then go FILE/IMPORT/SESSION DATA and select the session file. DONE. I mean thats at least working for me on a m-powered/mobilepre usb PC setup.
Ive gone through such hell with this issue. Funny, such a simple shortcut, i wonder why digidesign doesnt just give u an over ride option instead of that cockblocking message "the current playback engine does not support a sample rate of "??# Khz".