View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 04:52 AM

Default free ADR cueing software

Hi all,
I just thought I'd let you know of useful ADR functionality that's been added to PG PT Session

It could already read Pro Tools Session Info As Text files and export to text & Excel files. It can now convert clips/region groups to ADR sheet PDF files too. It recognizes and uses the common naming and tag scheme:

A track with a name of the form:

KLAUS[KLA]{Actor Name}

Is recognised as
Character:KLAUS
Character code:KLA
Actor:Actor Name

Character/Character code/Actor aren't limited to any particular length, though really long ones may get messy on the printout.

Clips of the form:

"Text for ADR"{note text}[R1][P2][TBW]

Are recognized - with anything after the initial text being optional. More esoteric tags/features aren't there yet.

"the adr text itself"
{any director/editor/actor note} - these can be suppressed on output
[R1] Reason 1 - (can be 1-9) - this can be suppressed on output
[P2] Prority 2 - (can be 1-9) - this can be suppressed on output
[TBW] To Be Written flag - this can be suppressed on output

You can export tracks individually or select multiple ones and do a bulk export - you choose a filename and the Character Name is appended to the respective files.

You can export tracks that aren't ADR cue tracks as such. There are no MIDI or Pro Tools control features yet - and probably some other useful things are missing (if you need those features you probably need one of the commercial offerings)!

Try it, break it, get back to me. It will have new features added over time, get in there and make requests if it'd change it from being useless to useful for you! Also, it's free and will stay free, I use this stuff myself as a working editor & mixer and don't want to run it as a commercial venture.

Pete

Last edited by Pete Gates; 12-25-2022 at 03:54 AM.