View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Avid

Default Re: Insecure Startupitem: DigidesignLoader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markeo View Post
Hi,

I have set permissions as described in the linked post, but to no avail. As I have an upgrade from PT8 to to 9, if I uninstall PT I can't reinstall from the upgrade disk. I have re-imaged the machines and the problem keeps occurring.

You mention "a problem with the admin account". What might that problem be? All other software is functioning as it should, but I can't use the Digi Hardware.
First question - you say you 'have an upgrade' from PT8 to 9. In that case you should have a downloadable installer for Pro Tools 9 in your Avid account. Do you see that?

You say you've 're-imaged' the machines - from what are you pulling the image, exactly?

As for the problem with the admin account - there could be any number of issues. Software corruption, library corruption, etc. - it's very difficult to say, especially if we can't see the machine itself and be able to look at what's happening. Being able to view how things are working, launching, permissions, etc. can lead to a lot of interesting clues, but that's not possible via a forum.