View Single Post
Old 10-25-2015, 08:29 PM

Default Re: Busses and Outs to Summing Problem

Reading all of these replies is well, confusing.... Here's my reply on how to setup.

1. *NOTE* Your inputs are your inputs and your outputs are your outputs. You mentioned I believe that your speakers are connected to 1-2 correct? Well that would be to your 1-2 "OUTPUTS" correct?

2. Each of the channels that you want to send out to summing should be sent out via your available "OUTPUT" channels which I'm sure you're doing.

3. Your "Sum Return" or the "OUTPUT" of your summing mixer should physically be connected to your 1-2 "INPUT" channels.

4. Create a stereo AUX channel and set the INPUT of that channels to 1-2.

5. Route the output of the stereo AUX channel to a "Stereo" bus. Whatever bus you'd like but I'd name the bus.

6. Create a stereo "AUDIO" track and set the input of this track to the same bus as the output of the AUX track.

7. The output of the audio track should be set to your "OUTPUT" 1-2 because these are the outputs that your monitors are physically connected to.

7. You will need to record enable, or since you have PT 12, click the "Input" monitoring button. I would "Solo-Safe" this track as well.

*Note* The reason for the AUX track is because that's where your main processing for the stereo summed track will live. If you were to instantiate plugins on the actual audio track, those processes wouldn't print.

Also, naming your "INPUTS" and "OUTPUTS" and perhaps even some of your "BUSSES" will help you stay better organized.

Hope this helps!