View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 03:06 PM

Default Re: PT 9 won't Activate for downlaod to Ilok

Hi again & thanks to those of you that replied to my problem.

I had left a query with the retailer i bought the boxed version from.
Strangely, when I re-tried yesterday with the same details it authorized first time so still not sure what the initial problem was to be honest- none of the tips given were required as they had already been accounted for & checked.

The free call to tech support that you mentioned OddsAre was only granted to me AFTER I was successfully upgraded, so i still have that for future if needed at least.

I've installed on Windows 7 64 bit even thought it installs in the 32 bit x86 folder of course. My other initial problem was that PT9 wouldn't load at all- until I changed the Windows user settings to give me administrator privelages. I know that is stated in the manual/forums but was confused at first as I installed W7 as an Administrator & set-up my User name/password, which then defaults (I now realise) to all privelages "off"- this simple action could catch out a few people on Windows 7 at least.

One more thing: at first successful load of PT9, AIR Fuzz & Kill EQ wouldn't load initially but are now ok, though have not tested them out yet. Whilst it took a while to load up the program at first, succesive attempts have been super-fast on my laptop. A good sign I hope.
Anyway, yet to really test big sessions on it but happy for now it's up & running.

Thanks folks,
Kev.