Thread: HD Nightmare !!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2002, 01:40 AM

Default Re: HD Nightmare !!

"Overall though, it sounds like a clock problem of some sort..."

Yes, it surely does. The only difference between this system and my old one is that now, the Apogee's clock must pass through the Digital-192's PLL.

I've seen graphical read-outs showing that the Digi PLL makes external clocks WORSE, not better. It was an extremely minor change, so I wasn't too worried about it. I'm praying that this is not what I'm hearing. If it is, then I have an HD system for sale.

"Do you have that ApplePCI expansion chassis extension installed? Check on Digi's downloads
section - it's supposed to improve compatibility with dual-processor Mac's and expansion chassis running HD"

WOW. maybe that's it. I never heard of this. Where was the info posted?

I'll try it now.

====================
for clarification, this is the same Mac, expansion-chassis, drive system, etc etc that I was using for my mix-system, so I think that extention is my only hope so far.

Running from within the G4 is a good idea, but really not an option right now. even if that worked, I wouldn't be able to complete my project (I don't think.) When I have time, and less pressure, I may have to do that just to see if it's my chassis that's causing the problem.

Thanks to you both for the suggestions. I actually came back onto the DUC just now to post yet ANOTHER emergency question, but regarding soft-samplecell. Please see that seperate thread if you possibly can help. (what a week....) [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

THANKS AGAIN.