View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Roland TD-20 Kit not showing in Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
So you have a MIDI cable going from the Roland MIDI OUT to the 003 MIDI IN? Open Pro Tools and go to Setup>Midi>Midi Studio. Create a new "instrument" and name it Roland kit(or whatever you like). Skip the brand and model as those are not required. Select the 003 MIDI input as the input path or source. Leave all channels in blue(unless you have a reason NOT to). Select a MIDI output(one of the 003 MIDI outs) only if you want to send midi BACK to the Roland. That SHOULD get you midi going IN to Pro Tools(on either a MIDI track or an Instrument track).

To get audio, connect 2 cables from the Roland MAIN outs to a pair of quarter inch inputs of your interface(I would start with 5&6 and set the level switch on the 003 to -10. Assuming you are trying to bring the Roland audio into a stereo track, you MIGHT need to go into Setup>IO>Input tab and add a stereo path(use the Add New Path button) and click the matrix(the grid and dots) so that 5&6 show L and R corresponding to your new input path(and you can double-click on the path name and rename it to Roland Kit or similar). My preference(in the Preferences menu>MIDI tab) is to set the default thru instrument to NONE. Go to the Options menu and check Midi Thru. You will need to put your MIDI or Instrument track into record-ready to "see" midi input showing. I used a TD-10 kit for years thru my 003, with Superior Drummer, EZDrummer and Addictive Drums, and it worked great
thats a quality post, brad be grateful
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.