View Single Post
Old 08-11-2015, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Eucon 3.3 and again, the lack of requested features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artist PM View Post
Robertg, I appreciate your sage input here, and acknowledge that small companies with a limited portfolio can move quickly to allocate resources to specific projects.

It would be great if there were some acknowledgement of the strides we have made to improve EUCON in the past 18 months or so since S6 and S3L were released. Up until that time, all hands were on deck to launch these products which are part of a larger, publicly traded company's long term strategy.

We haven't fixed everything - yet - but we are getting fixes out along with features (VCA spill for S3, Pro Tools | Control) in the best cadence, and with the best balance between corporate strategy and customer input that we can achieve at the moment.

You'll keep seeing fixes and features.

JC
Sage input huh. Well, if you are looking for praise, the efforts have definitely improved as of late, but the progress is still too slow and the updates too infrequent.

It's obvious that the priorities here are of new product development because that is what helps the bottom line the most. New products = more profits, more edge against the competition. That is to be expected.

The priorities to improve Eucon are secondary, i don't think anyone can deny that.

You don't really have competition here, because there is no other protocol with as much deep integration into the DAW as Eucon, you've said that yourself. So once the sale is made, the incentive to aggressively improve the software just isn't there.

I am hopeful that these fixes and features which have been requested for many, many years all manifest themselves within 12 months. That's my hope..