View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Using automation to select presets in Reverb

Ben,

Your description is exactly what I am doing. The performance was recorded on 20 tracks, one for each instrument or voice. We are only applying reverb to specific instruments on specific songs in the session. The problem I am trying to address is that we find that we need to use different presets for an instrument during different songs. I am working with two music pros and this is their determination. I thought that I could use automation to change the one reverb preset as required for each reverbed instrument, but have not been able to figure out a way to do this. One suggestion was to use bypass and two inserts, but I could not get that to work.

I have now come up with a way which appears to work. For a track I want to use two (or more) different reverb presets depending on the song, I added a second send and sent it to a new reverb track. I used reverb with preset 1 (saved) on the existing reverb track and inserted a second reverb with preset 2 (saved) on the new reverb track. I then changed the view below the waveform track to show the volumes of both sends and selected the send I wanted to write reverb levels to. This solution may have been common knowledge to others, but I am still learning a lot about Pro Tools.

Thanks for all replies.

Jim