View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Format Lacie HD for PC and Mac ?

so my friend just got a 17" powerbook Mbox and a 200 Gig Lacie D2 Harddrive
so i was helping him get everything up and running today, so we had no problems
with the Mbox but with the harddrive it comes formatted as HFS+ already so i
had my Toshiba Qosmio laptop with me so that i would be able to format it at his house
so when i went to format the drive there was no option for Fat32 only NTFS so i tried
that and before i hooked it up to the Mac i copied some MP3's onto it to see if the mac
could read it, then we hooked it up to the mac and it read everything fine, next we hooked
the lacie back up to my computer along with my 200 gig Maxtor Harddrive in a bytec
external enclouser and copied some PT sessions over to the lacie to test out,
and when we tried to open them it wouldnt read the audio files, or draw the waveforms
although it did put the regions in place, so i went to my workspace to see if it was set
to a record volume but it was set to "T" so i tried to set it to "R" and it wouldnt allow me
so then i went to the desktop and clicked on the harddrive then went to File - Get Info
then went to some privilage thing that i can't remember the name of off the top of my head
and it was set to Read Only and it woulnd't let me change it, so then after that we tried
my harddrive that is formatted as Fat32 and that would not work either,

so if anyone know's what i need to format the harddrive as and what options to set that
would be great, i am going to post this in both the mac and pc forum so hopefully someone
that knows what to do won't miss it

-matt