View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 12:49 AM

Default Re: .ptx file corruption-missing audio and video files- no way to relink-

Oy, there is a cached thread on google detailing this VERY ISSUE and when I try to read it, I don't have permissions.
It's from 9/25/18 in the Pro Tools 2018 sub. "Files missing from project Pro Tools 2018. "

When I click the link, I am denied access even though I'm logging in.

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=401217

Based on the cache in google though, I can derive this:

"Files missing from project Pro Tools 2018. ...

OP: Very weird problem, wondering if anyone has run across this. Mixed an episode of a TV show, exported review mix and saved project. ...

Nothing weird all straightforward.

Today I got a list of updates to do and as I opened the project I got a message that there were tons of invalid fade files. ...

Project opened and I discovered that about half the files had disappeared from the timeline, not empty clips, nothing, gone. Went to the last autosave, same message and situation. We keep several versions of ..

When its been arranged into our template.3. after dialog leveling pass. 4. mix 5. mix with updates. Went back to version 2x Then I got one that was fine and mix was present for about half the show. ..

... Went back to version 2, all opened fine. No warnings all files present.I didn't want to go back to square one so started going through autosaves from newest to oldest. Same corruption until I got to about halfway through the list. ...

The next autosave, ten minutes later was 1.5 mb this was the first corrupt.

So what I'm guessing is that all saves after a certain time were corrupt. ... I had made a backup of the whole project onto another drive at the end of the day and that had all the same problems. So, if the PT launch file is over 3.2MB, the session will corrupt itself?"

Someone’s reply: Hi, we had the same problem yesterday while mixing a TV show too…

Last edited by MikeReganNoise; 08-09-2019 at 07:30 AM.