View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 08:22 AM

Default Re: iZotope RX8 September?

September is a pretty fair bet - has been so for the last few RXs.

Here's my wish list:

DeSpill. Would remove ambient component present in a key input from the signal. This would be revolutionary, and I can't believe the tech doesn't exist right now. Essentially you could feed mics into each other to get much cleaner versions of each. De Bleed does this a bit, but its very fiddly and doesn't work very well imo.

ReverbMatch. Capture a reverb profile from a reference file, and apply this to another signal.

DePlane. Jets and prop planes. How great would that be?

DialogueContour (improved). Currently doesn't work very well, but i'd like it to. Could borrow from RevoicePro and DialogueMatch - use pitch info from a reference file and apply to a different file.

SplitLayers. (I'm really dreaming now). An extension of Dialogue Isolate. Think a clever Photoshop. Split any signal into a number of layers based on the machine learning engine. A particular voice vs a cough in the background. A male and female voice. A voice vs a buzzsaw going off in the background. A voice vs a wailing child. So it would analyse a signal, detect (say) 3 component parts and split into 3 layers. Put together, they equal the original file, but you'd get faders for each, or just isolate one layer for particular treatment.

I could go on... basically I can forsee Noise Reduction and sweetening as a virtually bottomless pit.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM