Thread: Training class?
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2002, 03:59 PM

Default Re: Training class?

I got certified on Pro Tools from digidesign by taking their class. It is really the way to go. Before I took this class I was already into logic, soundforge, cubase, blah blah all of the music stuff. I actually didn't even care about PT at all but after the class I was really sold on it. It was neat to learn a program from the company that designed it. You learn why certain tools and functions are available and basically the thinking behind it all. You learn what the program was made for instead of choosing a program to do what you want. That allowed me to use it much better right away, cause I knew and understood what it was for and what it was capable of. The class is really well layed out. I actually took it in a school over 6 weeks but i think the specific class by itself is ony a few 8 hour days. It is expensive I think, like a few hundred but worth it. You also get the real manuals from digidesign. There is a 135 and 235 class. The 135 is basic recording and editing. The 235 is all automation and mixing (plugins, fx sends, etc.)