View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Cloud Atlas - congratulations Frank Kruse!

I happened to see it just last night (11/25/12), so I'll chime in too. The sound work is excellent throughout - congrats Frank and the team!
I think the picture editor(s) deserve a shout out as well - its really an editing tour de force!

Its certainly polarizing as a work of art. Some of my friends were in the 'hate' category. I took a while to warm up to it myself, but by the second hour I was caught up in the story, and by the end I was completely transported. I should mention that I did in fact read the book, and I honestly can't imagine what the experience would be like if I hadn't.

In any case, I don't think it can be disputed that it is a super ambitious feat of film making, and worth a look even if it doesn't win you over. You will be impressed by the scale and scope of the creativity, at the very least. Its still lingering in my mind today, and I think it will for a long time, which I can't say of most films.

Would love to hear more opinions...and would LOVE to hear more about the sound team's work from Frank, if/when you get time.

Cheers -

JM