View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 01:54 PM

Default Avid, why can we still not disable software monitoring (for ALL outputs)?

Title says it. PT10 supports "Low Latency Monitoring" now. First of all, using that caption and words is close to fraud because it doesn't reduce latency like the name implies, but just turns off the software monitoring that is otherwise always enabled. Users of interfaces with built-in zero-latency dsp mixers couldn't turn the PT software monitoring off and therefore the dsp functionality was useless or only usable with annoying workarounds. Now PT10 features a strange "off" switch for it: You can deactivate the software monitoring, but only for Outputs 1 and 2. Ok... that's at least a step in the right direction. But here's my questions:

- Why only include the new feature for Outputs 1+2 ?
In my studio setup, the headphones for the musicians are hooked to Output 3-4 and I'm neither able nor willing to change that. I need to turn off the software monitoring for the musicians, though.. there's no use if only I can use the DSP of my interface (Fireface UFX).

- Second question: Why can't we turn off software monitoring completely?
Is it so much work to just make a simple switch to disable this feature? I for some reasons that can't be explained because they make no sense you can't allow us to disable it for all Outputs, then PLEASE for the love of god allow us to disable the software monitoring for Outputs 1,2,3 and 4. Or better yet 5,6 also. Please :) It can't be hard at all to do that.

I'd appreciate an answer and of course a fix.. then I'd get PT10 even if the upgrade price is ridiculous.