View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 09:44 PM

Default Re: MTRX-> HDX or MTRX->Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo m View Post
Just a brief note: itīs all fine regarding concentrating everything in one box, but that comes at a price.

Keep the 500 pres, ditch the two existing Rednet units and the PCIe card and also the mixer. Just an opinion, of course.

Thanks again for helping me think it through. I hadn't really thought about the redundancy bit. You are right, of course about the physicality of the gain knobs, etc. I had mostly just rationalized it as something that is done at the front of a session and not so much afterwards, but it I do have 1:1 knobs already.

I'll do some latency testing with native and see what that is like and make the decision.

I agree on the S1/Dock portion and that is what I was planning to do. The easiest way for me to dip into it is with an HDX card and a Red 16 line box. That gives me HDX and the Red 16 bridges onto Dante up to 32ch, plus the 16 I/O which is fine. The MTRX really is a different decision than the native/HDX and and I can consider it in that light. I have not had any complaints about the conversion quality of the Focusrite system or my Rupert Neve preamps. It's all very high quality gear.