View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 10:16 PM

Default Re: VirtualKaty 6 vs. Ediload and Conformalizer

Hi Mark and Justin,

Thanks for your replies.

The source reel filter would ignore certain lines of the EDL depending on the source reel. The default was set to "AX BL" so anything with these sources would be ignored. During the course of a project, I would usually add things like BEEP and other useless video clips to this filter so that I wouldn't need to manually clean up the edls. This field also supported REGEX so you could build some very complex filters as well (Im not a fan of REGEX though). The whole intention of using these filters is to have as less cuts as possible which really helps at the end when you're cutting giant sessions at the mix.

Mark - it is very possible to do this in Ediload - but I wish there was a way to set it as a filter field rather than have to to do this everytime I load a new edl. For example my default audio edl filter would be to only show clips with "DAY" in the field as all the audio footage that needs to be conformed has that in the tape name.

Justin - will have a look at the setup page to see if I've missed something.

Thanks,

Ayush

V5V - Sorry If I've hijacked this post.