View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Replacement for old TDM plugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
You've mentioned latency a lot. The issue isn't replacing the plug-ins sonically, there are plenty of things that sound way better these days. The biggest issue is coming off of TDM into a non-DSP system.
This I strongly agree with you for once. Having to swap between native and DSP all the time, and there's no choice due to the lack of DSP plug-ins greatly increases latency. It's often worse than it was in TDM.

Oddlyly enough, I read a post over on the GS forum were someone had both Native HD and HDX systems. He got BETTER latency performance with Native HD than HDX especially with VI's

Back to the OP. I've missed a lot of those too.
Quote:
Line6 AmpFarm - most others I tried had too much latency.
Are you on an HDX system? If so Amplitude works great if you insert a DSP plug-in before it - InTune is an obvious one. It works OK natively but only at low buffers. My friend is finding it works for him natively in Logic.

Quote:
Line6 EchoFarm -
Avid BBD Delay. I'm really liking this, DSP too. Other than that SoundToys Echoboy.

Quote:
TC Electronics Master X -
Personally I think iZotope's Ozone 7 blows Master X out of the water. Native only and horrific latency though. For a multi band DSP compressor. http://mcdsp.com/plug-ins/mc2000/

Quote:
Virus Indigo -
I REALLY miss this. I bought the hardware Virus Ti but I didn't like it as much. They changed chip from the same Motorola chip that was used on TDM cards. I'm not the first to say the old one was better. I now use Air Hybrid.

Quote:
AutoTune - Tried new one and latency all over the place
Don't know I'm afraid. I'm assuming you're using it live? I don't so use Melodyne.

Quote:
Synchronic - I think this still works in 12?
RTAS only I think. Air Transfuser - fiddly GUI though.

Working around latency in HDX is a MAJOR PITA....

Last edited by Marsdy; 09-01-2016 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Edited for typos.