Default Re: Keyboard Static sound issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemix View Post
piano

https://we.tl/2NJrGLw5Us

Buffer size: 256 samples

sample rate: 44.1khz

Ignore errors is not checked

No I haven't tried any standard troubleshooting. I have waves installed.
I downloaded and listened to your sample; also put it up on Adobe Audition and guess what - there are spikes happening every 16.7 millisecond which is the period of the 60Hz AC mains in your house. So it's not PT or any software on your computer. Somehow you've got something generating the noise; being that it comes and goes is maddening but here's a list of things to look for:
flourescent lights
cfl's (those squiggly looking light bulbs that are flourescent bulbs in another configuration
neon sign nearby
touch lamps
and a bunch of other things

You really need to do some troubleshooting elsewise you're wasting both our time and yours. Start by shutting off everything at the breaker box except for the circuit your equipment is on. If it goes away - that's good. then one by one turn on each breaker and any equipment plugged into that circuit. Each time you turn on a new breaker check if you're getting the sound. Being this is getting past any line filtering in the power supplies in your setup I'm willing to bet it's radiated noise and not conducted via the incoming mains. If you're in an apartment building - good luck
It could be any number of things that your neighbors have going on.

QAPLA!