View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 06:41 AM

Default Re: List of prefs and other files to toss on PT11

Thanks, I think the Mac is a Mid 2010.

I got to PT 11 with the PT10/11/12/2019 license, and have a version of PT10 (10.3.7 maybe) on this machine from before.

PT 11 has been OK, but sometimes it borks and won't play or record. When I try to play the play and stop buttons on the screen toggle and nothing happens. That's my cue to do a restart. There have also been a few times when I get a CPU complaint.

I realized yesterday that I had never done a "toss prefs, etc" procedure because I didn't know the procedure was very different from the PT 10 procedure. So, I've been running with the 10, 11, 12 install for about six months without a "cleansing."

I used to have to do that with PT10 periodically. I don't recall what they symptoms were, but it would do weird **** and tossing prefs etc. would bring it back to normal.

I'm still finding new stuff in PT 11 and for the most part liking it. "Oh I can do THAT?" Is there a "new for PT 11" document out there? For anyone finding this post and having that same question, yes. Here's that document.

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...ev_B_80409.pdf

Some folks have kicked PT 11 to the curb a bit and moved on to any of the 12s. So far, for me, it seems to do what I need it to do and then some.

Regards,

Ty Ford