View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 12:15 PM

Default Re: 5th + 6th DSP16 failures in 3.5 years

Hello again,

Manuel from Avid sent me two more replacement cards with specific instructions to the parts department to check the cards before shipping. This did not happen - one of the cards had a dsp failure and multiple SDI failures with no I/O connected. Total - out of the 4 HDX cards shipped "advanced" meaning not waiting for me to return the others, 3 shipped defective.

I kept the one card that is ok, and changed the fan on the card that tested ok but had a bad fan bearing. So I now have two functional cards and four defective cards that will ship back.

Manuel from Avid has been exceptionally helpful and professional. From the initial understanding that having 6 cards fail in 3.5 years with the same dsp failure was reason to pursue a no-charge replacement set, to getting me advance cards as soon as possible, to calling me to discuss details, to taking care of the recurring problems, he went out of his way to make sure things went as well as possible. However the US QC and parts department does not seem to exercise the same customer service attitude. Failures occur. But shipping out three cards that simply fail Digitest or have bad fan bearings means they are not looking or caring.

Hugh