View Single Post
Old 09-15-2019, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Are we not due an update??!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
I may have missed that from the PT Experts post but it seemed to me that the Avid video engine itself contained components which were 32-bit. Maybe they're referring directly to QT7, but if I'm not mistaken QT7 isn't included with modern iterations of the OS (Mavericks) yet PT still fails the 64-bit app test as is evident by the occasional "ProTools isn't a 32-bit app, etc." message.

Regarding QT7, it is necessary for some of us who use it to paste new audio back into an existing video file. Oddly enough, there is no other app which does so as elegantly (I started a thread about the topic here and there were no answers for simple solutions). And as it's something we do every single day, losing QT7, at least right now, isn't much of an option.
It isn't worth stressing about that this point in the game. Many applications have already crossed paths with Quicktime removal - Adobe got rid of it entirely when Apple discontinued support for QT in windows. Quicktime 7 is nothing but a convenient (yet incredibly old) vessel for older codecs. Apple in no way is preventing those old codecs from making it into newer software under 10.15. FFmpeg for example is an alternative to the QTkit that Apple is removing from 10.15.

If anything, it is FCPX users who will probably have the greatest issues.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.