View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 09:14 AM

Default reducing CPU load

Hi guys, have a mix session that I'm revisiting after a couple of months.

I don't know what happened in the interim, but the session is almost unplayable. I get CPU usage errors after only a few seconds of playback, even with buffer settings of 512 and 1024. Furthermore, after about one out of five playback attempts, the audio gets harsh and digitally clipped or something, kind of like there is a clock misalignment or buffer overrun or something. The only way I've found to clean this up is to change the playback buffer size, then it plays back normally. (until the next CPU usage error that is.) I don't think this mix uses any more plugins than I might use on any other mix, but something is definitely different about this one. I'm almost finished with this, and have resorted to bouncing and listening offline! :-(

Is there anything I can do besides disabling plugins to help with this? I'm on a 2015 MBP with 16GB RAM, running PT2018 (native). I do have an external UAD card running a handful of plugins, as well as 2 apple displays running from one of my TB ports, with my audio interface (apogee ensemble) and UAD card running from the other.

Thanks!!

www.merlotembargo.com