View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 10:45 PM

Default Re: Shortcuts on German Keyboard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachim View Post
That defeats the purpose of being able to write clip names with German letters like "Ö" , "Ä" , "Ü".
"Automatically switch Input language" in the prefs should provide that (commands US , typing German), but doesn't.
Thatīs what I realized with my logickeyboard too! I tried different combinations with the language settings in windows and in pro tools, bnut I canīt get this to work. I mailed with Poul from logickeyboard. He understands the dilemma, but says it has to be fixed by avid.
I have a hotkey matrix from DNA musiclabs too and they made a qwertz-setup-file (very nice support!), but they have the problem to translate shortcuts that use letters or special characters like for example "\" that are reached with ALT GR on the german layout. This shortcuts canīt really be translated to the german keyboard. Iīm lucky that most - and these are the important ones - of the hotkey matrixs 144 keys work.

I have not much hope that