View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:58 PM

Default Re: No input from Mbox Pro 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Hang on? You really can't be on Mac OS X 10.3.6 Panther are you? You mean 10.13.6 High Sierra... which is now I misread it before.

Get one end of the thread and keep pulling. Do not just change stuff until you have a theory as to what is going on and you try to test that theory. You did not help yourself early on by just jumping in and changing lots of stuff.

Does the Mbox 3 work as an audio input and output with other apps?

Does Pro Tools work with Aggregate IO using the Mac's Built In Input and Output? (If so Pro Tools is likely totally fine, don't uninstall/reinstall it).

I can't tell how you are trying to monitor in Pro Tools, I suspect you are using hardware monitoring even if you think you are not. Get software monitoring working so you can tell if there is audio going to the DAW. LLM disabled. Confirm that you are using software monitoring by setting a large playback buffer size and clearly hearing the audible delay from say a mic input. Make sure it's an audio track you are using not instrument track (common mistake for anybody, and it's record armed and the transport is armed and the track is in input monitor mode).

If that works and Pro Tools is not showing it is recording audio to an audio track then Pro Tools is likely hosed, uninstall and reinstall. If other apps don't work with the Mbox then it's the driver or hardware. If they do but you can't get software monitoring to work then I'll bet you are doing something wrong.
Yes, I was having a brain fart there with the Mac OS. I am on 10.13.6.

I never change lots of things at one time. Scientific method - one thing at a time. It may not have read that way however.

I will try your suggestions and report back. Thanks for your help.