View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 05:17 PM

Default Re: ProTools 2018.4 Ultimate and MacOs Mojave

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
If one can get an initial release of HS somehow then all that is needed is the combo updater for whatever follow-on HS one wants and apply that. I've done that for previous versions of OSX.
how? can't find it, i've looked.

Regardless, avid need to support the latest mac release..

Really, windows getting much more tempting, if it's didn't have that damn FLS slot issue i'd have switched months ago to a 14 core 28 thread desktop beast (7940x).

Now that there are workarounds for the multithread issue in Cubase which can use up to 32 threads in windows, only the FLS slot issue remains which affects PT, Cubase, all daws. So frustrating.. I have too decide soon as the next mac OS drops all 32 bit compatibility (which is why i can't wait for the 2019 mac pro) and i have too many 32 bit plugins i bridge then open in patchworx, as well as 32 bit apps unfortunately that i rely on. As well as lots of 32 bit hardware synth editors that will likely never get updated. That's the other reason.. I mean high sierra might be the last mac os I can ever use..

That said, if avid can fix it, the 10 core imac pro fully tricked out would probably do me for the next 8 years.