View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: Changing Pro-Tools\' plug-in directory

Quote:
To save harddrive space on my programs disc, I decided to move my plug-ins to a different disc. Now (understandably) Pro-Tools is all confused and can't find my plug-ins. How do I let Pro-Tools know where I have moved the plug-ins? This is a relatively simple procedure in other DAEs but I can't figure it out in PT 7.0.
I use my plug-in similar to what you want to do. My plug-ins as well my programs is installed at (E) drive; including Pro Tools 7.3.1. However I have installed this, this way from the start. I do not think one could move plug-in folder afterwards as Windows writes instructions id, whereby if you move it Windows would still look for the plug-in folder in the designated folder which would not be there.
Long story short you can do this, I have done it this way and I have been working this way for some time now. You just need to install it this way by selecting (E) from the start. There are certain programs for example Xpand which will not work unless you install it in (C). I usually work this out be trial and error, this goes for some plug-ins too.