View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 06:24 PM

Default Custom mapping plug in parameters

Hello, finally the dock has arrived and I like it

But there are few things I don’t like

I’d like to be able to map plug ins parameters as I wish

For example, with metric halo eq I’d like to be able to have a dedicated knob for Q parameter, instead pressing sel to control the Q

That’s one of the main reasons I wanted a controller

To be able to control Freq and Gain together with Q

Using two hands and tweaking two parameters I can have the sensibility of an analog console, but if I need to push sel to control the Q I won’t have the same sensibility and interaction of an analog console

Do you have any idea if I can do this? I want to be able to change the plug in mapping as I wish

Another disappointing thing is about editing, it doesn’t seem I’ll be able to use it for editing, seems still very much mouse dependent... and in general, first impression is I will still be very much mouse dependent, but maybe I just have to learn it a bit, but the soft keys section seems confusing

Also, having a touch display at hand, I thought the editing part was like more hand made touching the wave form to move it, zoom it, trim it, cutting and so on

It doesn’t seem possible, so avid, I’m giving you a great idea... make editing possible with hand gestures, cutting, trimming, everything needs to be made by hand, not using buttons on the screen to nudge and so on

Thanks