View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Using EasuUS to recover deleted files

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
A lot of times when the files are recovered, file names and other data on the file may be lost. Its rare that you will ever be able to just recover the files, drop them in a folder and have them link back up. It has been very hit and miss over the years from my experience. There is no magic or perfect way to do it. Its just an ugly process period. But just create an Audio Files folder in the same location as it was previously and drop the files in it, say a prayer, and launch the session.
I must agree^^^^ For me, paying for 1 month was worth it as I got back 98% of 1 project(12 songs) but I only recovered 2 of the other 12-song project. On the stuff that did get recovered, I just needed to drop in some bits of audio from the raw data I had on another drive. Sadly, while the other sessions APPEARED to be recovered, 10 of 12 would not open and also would not allow me to import into a new session.

As for the method, yes, you would recover to another drive and once recovered, you can do anything...BUT...what I would do is this:
1-Once recovery is completed, try to open the sessions from their new location.
2-Once a session opens and runs, go to File>Save Copy(check the box for Audio Files) and save this copy back to where you want the session(s) to live. Then I would open each copy to verify that all is good(and do check disk allocation to make sure its NOT referencing from the recovered location). Then I would move the recovered sessions(from where EaseUS put them) to an archive drive(as a backup).

Good luck!!!

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave