View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 06:37 AM

Default Error Message When Using Digi 002 Rack with Protools 9.0.6

I have a Digi002 rack that I've owned for a while and use to do all my recordings with Protools 7 and 8. I did the cross over upgrade to Protools 9. I now have the lastest updates...Protools 9.0.6. I have tried and tried to connect my Digi 002 rack and keep getting this error message, "Protools hardware not installed or used by another program." I did some research on this error message and found to press "N" while starting up Protools to get to the playback engine window, which I have done. But everytime I select Digi002 for my playback engine, it doesn't stick and causes protools to shut down. Now when I used Protools with Built in Output or Protools Aggregate, I can mix with my computer, but I need the audio interface of the digirack to record audio with my keyboard and also record vocals but can't get the digi002 rack to work ever since I did the upgrade and is very frustrating. I also use Presonus Studio Live 16.4.2 console but has limitations for editing. Recording is great. But want to use one daw, not switch back and forth from one to another. One for live recording and one for mixing. Just want to use one audio interface.

I have all the updated drivers, and updated software. Does anyone have a solution to this? I thought Digi 002 rack was compatible with Protools 9? I was able to use the rack just fine with the Protools 8 version. Very frustrated. I need a Protools brain buddy for this. any help appreciated.

Computer Specs: I have MacBookPro, OSX Snow Leopard
Thanks!

Warrioressx