View Single Post
Old 01-02-2002, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Buffer errors related to CPU temperature?

My koolance case is almost overkill. The cpu temp is around 80F with a heavy load. As far as the price- $250 (power supply included) is pretty good for a very quiet/cool system. I see aluminum cases (and definately rack units) priced higher. I also think by the time you pack a box with foam and purchase the right fan combinations you will be getting close to the koolance price anyway, especially if you are doing it by trial and error.

I imagine you guys at dreamware HAVE to be using a proven quiet case setup, or we would be hearing complaints from your customers! I also know that you have put time and money into figuring out this configuration and if you give out the exact brands/combinations of power suplies/cases/fans/heatsinks, etc, you will essentially be giving away your reseach for free. The info you posted is very helpful, but there are sooo many brands and choices, its nearly impossible to get it right the first time. This adds up to $$ out of pocket, especially since you can't return most of those things for a refund.

I personally spent about $200 in trial and error before I went with the koolance. If someone out there has a proven quiet setup, it would be very helpful if they post it- every detail-including the cost. Unless I see a setup significantly less expensive, and proven quiet, I'll stick with koolance for my DAW's.