View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 07:33 AM

Default Re: Blackmagic Desktop Video Software v10.1.1 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kruse View Post
I'll run the 10.7.1 driver for a few days to see if the "unable to stop video" errors become less. I doubt it to be honest since it even happens on the systems running the latest PT12 version.

The massive increased offset of 270ms instead of 80ms on my system/screen combo is a pain. I compensate the offset in my speaker controller not inside PT because it's more accurate. But with 270ms of delay the waveform that scrolls by on screen is not in sync anymore with what you hear which is irritating when editing dialogue. Picture sync is bang-on with both drivers but I'm going back to 10.4.3 because I need to do the offset in my speaker processor to work around the annoying black-wink bug that AVID won't fix for some reason.

If the latter doesn't bother you it makes no difference otherwise. The 6-frame offset that the newer driver cause can be easily compensated in PT. I guess my setup is a bit different in that regard.

The huge delay is definitely a BM thing. Has nothing to do with the OS or PT version you're running.

I have to say that the Desktop utility is quite confusing. When you go to the "about" menu it says v10.5.4 regardless the driver installed. But when you select the "about" tab inside the settings it will show the correct driver version but then the "last updated" window says December 2015 even though the 10.7.1 is only a few days old.

F.
Try running VideoSlave or Premiere with the new drivers. I'm willing to bet that the huge delay will ONLY be when playing from Pro Tools.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

i7 5820k 6 x 4GHz (12 threads), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, BM Mini Monitor PCIe, GTX 660Ti 2GB;

Dell Laptop, i7 4x3.6GHz (8 threads ), 16GB DDR4, Win 10 Pro, GTX1060MaxQ 6GB;

"Plan B" - i7 6700k, 4 x 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR4, Sierra, AJA Kona LHi, GTX 1050Ti 4GB.

RME FireFace802 + ARC, RME Babyface

Avid D-Command, Artist Control, V-Control, Korg MicroKontrol

7.1.2 Presonus Monitors