View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Protools 2018 plugin and support Plan Important question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Throughout this thread we've been told that the Pro Tools Plug-in and Support Plan is no more and it's been replaced by the Complete Plug-in Bundle. And it appears to be the case since there is nowhere in my Avid Account to renew that Plug-in and Support Plan.

So why then have I received an email from Avid today stating the following:

"Don't Let Time Run Out Renew your Pro Tools Plug-in & Support Plan before it expires.

Pro Tools Customer,

As a Pro Tools owner, you’ve enjoyed exclusive access to a powerful plug-in bundle and expert help through your Perpetual Plug-in & Support Plan. But did you know your plan will expire soon? If you don’t renew, you will lose access to…
•Avid Space reverb plug-in for the pristine sound of natural reverb spaces
•16 creative stompbox effects for creative processing
•On-call troubleshooting support for those times when things don’t go as planned
And don’t forget that you can always expand your artistic palette at any time through the Avid Plug-in Marketplace, where you’ll find the sounds, effects, and tools you’re looking for, giving you even more creative possibilities.

Don’t put your projects in jeopardy—renew your plan now through your Avid Account or local reseller before it expires*.

We wish you many more years of creativity!

–Your Pro Tools team"

Jeffro says we'll get a free year of the Complete Plug-in Bundle to make up for Avid discontinuing the Plug-in and Support Plan. Avid Customer Care says not so, it was a (very) limited time offer.

Both Jeffro and Avid state the Plug-in and Support Plan is no more and it's been replaced by the Complete Plug-in Bundle, yet I'm getting emails from Avid asking me to be sure to renew my Plug-in and Support Plan. But there's no way to do that in my account.

Could Jeffro or someone else from Avid please give the definitive - and correct - answer to what is going on, what has replaced what and whether there is a free year for those of us who have continued paying our renewal fees or not?

TIA

Hi there,

Jeffro sorted mine out and yes you will get a free year of the Complete bundle. I’m sure he will sort yours too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk