View Single Post
Old 01-03-2002, 10:24 AM

Default Re: New Midiman USB Driver doesn\'t work! Watch Out!

Kai,
MIDI is not my specialty, but I'm going to be learning more soon. On the PTLE machine I use the MIDI interface on the 001 and sometimes the interface on my SB Live! Value depending on who I need to talk to. SDiver for my Pod Pro doesn't seem to work with the 001 MIDI interface.

Why are you not just using the MIDI in and out on the 001? Or possibly you are and the 2X2 is sitting in the path as an external router? I'm a little confused why you need the USB interface enabled on this thing at all in your configuration.

In my case, I'm going to use the 2X2 or 4X4 in another system that doesn't have the 001. That system does not have any MIDI or SB in it. In that case all MIDI will be going up and down the USB cable, I think. Still learning.

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by KaiXXX:

It seems like all the new Interfaces are USB (the AMT/Unitor can be used with parallel port, too though (or is it serial?)). So which one should be used with PT. I think there is no special technology with PT like Emagic (AMT) and Steinberg have. I think there is one for Motu, too. What MIDI interfaces are you guys using? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>