View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Happy travelers?: PT11 & Softube Console 1

Thanks again for all the responses everyone! And Henrik, thanks very much for the detailed explanation. Well, I've taken the plunge-- and my Console 1 should be arriving some time this week! My next project is another concert recording that needs to be turned around very quickly-- so it seems like a perfect chance to give the Console 1 workflow a go. I'll definitely report back.

One thing I'm curious about-- now that Softube is further along in providing different console emulations (And I'm assuming there's more to come), has anyone at the company considered giving the purchaser the option to choose which one they initially recieve with the control surface package?

I'm wondering because I feel like given the choice, I might have opted for the 9k emultation as its reportedly less-colored sound might be a little more versatile given that I'm often doing folky, less-agressive type material.

Any thoughts on that?

(Of course-- I don't mean at all to make an unfair judgement of the sound of the 4K emultation before actually working with it.)