View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Allenstein OctaPC and Quadzilla Machine *update*

*Urgent*
first let me list my specs:
-2 AMD 280
-4GB ram (each stick is 2GB ram. so 2 sticks, ecc, 184pin) i put one for each cpu
-ocz 520 powerstream
-CASE TT|VA3000SWA
-VGA SAPPHIRE X550 100190L
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 (Perpendicular Recording) ST3250620AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (FOR XP AND PRO TOOLS AND APPS.)"C" AND "D" DRIVES

- Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive (FOR AUDIO RECORDING) "E" DRIVE
-LITE-ON Combo Drive
-2 Thermaltake VENUS 12 80mm Ball CPU Cooler

THANKS to a great friend and all of you here this pc was put togther very fast, evrything working good,he did the bios settings that shane explained, xp sp2 installed no issues, the first hd was split into 2, "C" for xp (15gb) and "D" (for pro tools and applications),first i installed ilok driver on "D", I installed pro tools 7.0 le on "D" with no issues, i connected the DIGI002 and pro tools was set, here comes the major issue, when i started to make a "new session" PT wont allow me to save on to "E" (the audio drive) an error says "E IS NOT AN AUDIO RECORDING VOLUME" i tired to change the settings from the taps on the main PT screen under "work space" I tried to change the A (audio) TO R (RECORD) and it gave me the same error , the other 2 hard drives "C" AND "D" can be changed to an "R" with out an problem, and infact i tried to record on the "D" drive and it worked.
How do i let pro tools know that "E" is the audio drive and i can record on it? what went wrong?
Now, regarding recording on "D", it worked but guys folowing the D-verb test ruls for (48/24bit) test, my dual opteron 280 with 4 gb ram only did 103 mono deverb plugins without recording and the cpu usage went over the top to red. GUys whats going on, what is the problem,do i have to install the AMD hotfix? eventhough pt reads all 4 processor, guys its disappointing having spent alot of time and money and my friends valuble time and in the end having only 100 dverbs (eventhough its recording on the same hd the PT is on, but should it make that much difference?)guys please, can someone please direct me where thing might have gone worng, thank you for all your valuble time, thank you!
ohh one thing guys in the bios the only thing that i made my firend change was keeping the onboard audio of the mobo on,can that cause that low of plug count and not reording on the "E" drive? thank you!