Thread: Not answering
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 07:20 AM

Default Re: Not answering

Hi, guys. Iīm crossing my fingers that iīve found what caused the non-responding and such. I followed the advice to remove all plug-ins from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins and then put them back a few at a time. Eventide, fabfilter, izotope, soundtoys, softube, no problem, but as soon as added PSP the issues came back at once. PSP Nexcellence is causing access violation, instant shut down and seem to cause the freeze in track restoring. The non-responding also occur with PSP Springbox and 85. I tried running Nexcellence as VST, thru BC Patchwork, and it seem to work properly, but it eats upp my CPU. Regarding TAL itīs their free stuff, chorus LX and reverb-4, that i suspect donīt get along with my version of PT. The ever so great upside is that PT hasnīt frozen or gone into non-responsive mode since i un-installed these plug-ins.

The downside is that i really like the sound of Nexcellence and i like the 85 as well. I havenīt found the likes of them in any other plug-in. Iīve gone thru eventides ultra reverb, blackhole and 2016. Iīve had Fabfilters pro-R, softubeīs tsar and iīve tried lexicon. Now iīm using soundtoys little plate and itīs fine. I thought i would try out Softubeīs spring reverb. D16 Toraverb2 is really lushious, but it automaticly turn my mono tracks to stereo. Is there a way around that? The same goes for Audioritys Xenoverb. I mean, they list as both mono and stereo, but ... now i got off topic.

Thank you all for helping me. Letīs hope for the best. Maybe i can get back to making music. Best regards / Jonas