View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:51 AM

Default Re: Auto Record Enable on MIDI Tracks

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
So if I select one or multiple MIDI tracks they are automatically RECORD ENABLED. I didn't use a controller keyboard for years, but now that I am I find this incredibly annoying. So this is just one of those "the way it is" things? I have an AKAI MPK249. Is there is no way to turn off this "feature"?

I have dome some searches and it seems that it's not a preference anywhere...

This shouldn't happen. With everything shutdown disconnect the Akai. Restart the computer and PT and try what you wrote above and see if they're still coming up record enabled. Don't say that it didn't happen before - just try what I write here. If the tracks are not automatically record enabled then that rules out PT.

Power down everything and reconnect the Akai. Go online and grab the free snoize MIDI monitor utility. Run it standalone. Open the disclosure arrow in the filter entry and unclick 'clock' under the real time heading. That will stop annoying clock messages. See what kind of messages come up from the Akai; without pressing anything on the Akai there shouldn't be anything.

What I'm getting at is that it may well be the Akai doing something it shouldn't.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 03-16-2019 at 05:37 PM. Reason: grammar correction