View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 01:50 PM

Default Disappearing Track in Mixdown

I'm kinda new to all this so forgive me if I'm asking a dumb question but here goes ...

I have a project in Pro Tools 8.0.3 LE that I wanted to do a quick mixdown to let a friend listen to. One track in the project is a rhythm guitar and it's fader is pulled down because it isn't an instrument that I want out in front on the song. I can hear it fine cutting through the mix relative to all the other instruments in multi track. However, I have tried a couple of different ways to get this to 2 track and when I do, this guitar part is non-existent or so quiet it's barely audible. I have observed this with both a bounce to disk and sending it out my SPDIF connection to my Masterlink 2 track recorder via a Master track. Now how can I hear it fine in the multi track but it drops off the face of the earth in 2 track? Is it because the overall volume of the entire project is too low? What's really puzzling is that in the Masterlink, I hear everything just like in Pro Tools, but when I render a CD, that guitar is gone or too quiet to hear.