View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 06:50 AM

Default Re: "You are trying to run a newer version of Pro Tools than allowed" error launching

I have deactivated power saving in my control panel a long time ago.

I am having major iLok-issues right now as well, since my iLok that I purchased brand new from a dealer shows up in the license manager with a totally different name and with a series of activatons and licenses that I have no knowledge of. I have registeret support tickets with iLok, but despite my ZDT-plan I am now facing downtime... But, my iLok-account with my Pro Tools-license was registered in my license manager when I got the error message shown in the attached photo.

I have been able in the past to unplugg and plug in my iLok a few times to make the mystery ID disappear and my iLok active. But today I have no such luck.

I try to run Pro Tools 12.8.2, and I have had these issues both with "you are tring to run.." and error-messages when trying to open Pro Tools ever since upgrading to PT 12.8.

In fact, I have not once been able to fire up my computer and open Pto Tools without spending an hour or so working my way around various error-meesages from the system, either with messages like "you are trying.." or iLok-related issues where the two systems, Pro Tools and iLok for some reason never seem to recognize and accept one another..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avid.jpg (53.1 KB, 0 views)